An Introduction to Void

Welcome to our blog which showcases the work that has been produced for our third year final project entitled 'Void'.

The work on this blog has been created by Caryn Read, Robert Strachan, Andrew Winyard and Catherine Woolley who are attending the University of Wales, Newport studying Computer Games Design.

The pre-production phase of Void has been almost completed, any posts from now on will be focused on the production of the game. There will be updates with images of models and screenshots while the game is in production.

29 April 2009

Emerald Cavern Starfish Rigged

After having all the characters rigged I decided to do the starfish along side all my other work.

Below is a video briefly showing the controls of the rig with a flat texture applied to it, although the actual texture is almost finished.



As you can see his rig is quite simple, I wish I could of had less controls on it, but it seemed the best way to give Caryn the most control over it. I wanted to allow her to translate the bones as well as rotate, but Unreal wasn't having it, but I feel I figured out a good way to control the squash in it's belly for when the Heavy character falls on it, which isn't in this video, but I worked around it by using rotation on bones around the belly, which gives a similar effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment